Islington house party shut down and guests fined for breaking Covid rules
- Credit: Google Maps
Nearly 20 fines were dished out by police after officers shut down a house party for breaching Covid rules.
Officers from the Met were called to a home in Cardozo Road, off Caledonian Road, shortly before midnight on Wednesday (December 16).
Officers took enforcement action against the partygoers and a total of 19 fixed penalty notices were issued.
Ch Insp Pete Dearden, from the Met’s Islington Policing team, said: “This was the first day under heightened restrictions purposefully put in place to prevent the spread of the virus.
"The infection rate in Islington is increasing, and frankly it is shocking to see people act with total contempt for the rules, willing to put the health of their community at risk.
You may also want to watch:
“That is exactly why officers on scene took action to issue multiple people with fixed penalty notices.
"We will continue to work across the borough to clamp down on these offences, taking enforcement action where necessary.”
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 4 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 7 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham