Islington house party shut down and guests fined for breaking Covid rules
- Credit: Google Maps
Nearly 20 fines were dished out by police after officers shut down a house party for breaching Covid rules.
Officers from the Met were called to a home in Cardozo Road, off Caledonian Road, shortly before midnight on Wednesday (December 16).
Officers took enforcement action against the partygoers and a total of 19 fixed penalty notices were issued.
Ch Insp Pete Dearden, from the Met’s Islington Policing team, said: “This was the first day under heightened restrictions purposefully put in place to prevent the spread of the virus.
"The infection rate in Islington is increasing, and frankly it is shocking to see people act with total contempt for the rules, willing to put the health of their community at risk.
You may also want to watch:
“That is exactly why officers on scene took action to issue multiple people with fixed penalty notices.
"We will continue to work across the borough to clamp down on these offences, taking enforcement action where necessary.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 5 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?