Islington house party shut down and guests fined for breaking Covid rules
- Credit: Google Maps
Nearly 20 fines were dished out by police after officers shut down a house party for breaching Covid rules.
Officers from the Met were called to a home in Cardozo Road, off Caledonian Road, shortly before midnight on Wednesday (December 16).
Officers took enforcement action against the partygoers and a total of 19 fixed penalty notices were issued.
Ch Insp Pete Dearden, from the Met’s Islington Policing team, said: “This was the first day under heightened restrictions purposefully put in place to prevent the spread of the virus.
"The infection rate in Islington is increasing, and frankly it is shocking to see people act with total contempt for the rules, willing to put the health of their community at risk.
You may also want to watch:
“That is exactly why officers on scene took action to issue multiple people with fixed penalty notices.
"We will continue to work across the borough to clamp down on these offences, taking enforcement action where necessary.”
- 1 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 2 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Walk with a map
- 7 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 8 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 9 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 10 Islington's great beer gardens - reopening today