Vandal ‘punches policeman in the face’ at Finsbury Park Station
- Credit: Archant
A vandal punched an off-duty copper in the face at Finsbury Park Underground Station on Monday night.
The special constable was attacked after he told the suspect to stop damaging a Piccadilly Line train at the station.
A British Transport Police spokesperson said: “Officers are investigating after a man was assaulted in Finsbury Park Underground station.
“At around 9.30pm, it believed the man, who was about to board a Piccadilly Line service, intervened after noticing some anti-social behaviour on the platform and was then assaulted.
“Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 and quoting reference 604 of 03/12/18.”
You may also want to watch:
London’s Metropolitan Constabulary commented on the incident yesterday, tweeting: “A special constable was punched in the face challenging a man vandalising a train at Finsbury Park Station. “Thank you [Islington Police] and [British Transport Police] officers for starting the investigation to identify the suspect – excellent evidence captured by our officer.”
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 020 7433 0121
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing