‘Pool of blood’ in Holloway prompts police investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a “pool of blood” was found on the pavement in Holloway this afternoon.
Officers were called to Axminster Road at about 2pm, and they carried out a "forensic examination of the scene".
Cops haven't been able to find the injured person yet.
One neighbour, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of reprisal, told the Gazette: "It was horrible. Pools of blood on the street and police asking locals if they had seen or heard anything.
"I was asked if I'd seen an injured person, as there was a lot of blood - someone's obviously in a bad way somewhere.
"And it's the end of the school day with kids about. We had a shooting and stabbing down the road. We have had serious stabbing in Tufnell Park [yesterday], it's becoming a joke. So many drugs in Holloway and it's being sold and supplied in the open."
A young mother was also knifed while pushing her toddler in a buggy a few streets away in Caedmon Road on June 7.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email lucas,firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets