‘Pool of blood’ in Holloway prompts police investigation
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a “pool of blood” was found on the pavement in Holloway this afternoon.
Officers were called to Axminster Road at about 2pm, and they carried out a "forensic examination of the scene".
Cops haven't been able to find the injured person yet.
One neighbour, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of reprisal, told the Gazette: "It was horrible. Pools of blood on the street and police asking locals if they had seen or heard anything.
"I was asked if I'd seen an injured person, as there was a lot of blood - someone's obviously in a bad way somewhere.
"And it's the end of the school day with kids about. We had a shooting and stabbing down the road. We have had serious stabbing in Tufnell Park [yesterday], it's becoming a joke. So many drugs in Holloway and it's being sold and supplied in the open."
A young mother was also knifed while pushing her toddler in a buggy a few streets away in Caedmon Road on June 7.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Contact Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email lucas,email@example.com
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault