Pop-up restaurant pops back to Chapel Market in Islington permanently
Food lovers are in for a treat as a popular pop-up seafood and game restaurant returns on a permanent basis.
Seagrass, based at M Manzes Pie and Mash Shop, in Chapel Market, Islington, picks up where Bonnie and Wild left off when it closed at the start of the month.
For the last nine months, Bonnie and Wild had taken over the 100-year-old pie shop on weekend nights and had proved very popular with discerning diners.
But, being a pop up restaurant, it shut up shop on February 4.
Then last week, Seagrass stepped in to fill the void, and has the same chef cooking high quality game and fish dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7pm, the pies and liquor give way to a delicate array of crustaceans and meat.
Three courses cost �30, and the restaurant is BYOB, although plans are in place for an alcohol licence.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
For more information call 07902 015200.