Popular Finsbury community centre set for new hub
- Credit: Archant
Dance classes, a food bank and more set for new venture
A popular community centre is set to open a new site.
St Luke’s, in Central Street, Finbsury, is developing a plan for the church hall on nearby Roscoe Street.
Currently at the proposal stage, the intention is to host dance classes, a new choir, art workshops, a food bank, children’s parties and more.
A spokesman for St Luke’s said: “From this year, St Luke’s aims to start offering it’s ever popular services and activities into the estates and halls of the local neighbourhoods.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to share the knowledge, skills and partnerships we have developed and help spread that valuable sense of community spirit a welcoming and vibrant space can create.”
More information about St Luke’s at Roscoe Street can be found here, or by calling 020 7549 8188.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing