Popular Finsbury community centre set for new hub
- Credit: Archant
Dance classes, a food bank and more set for new venture
A popular community centre is set to open a new site.
St Luke’s, in Central Street, Finbsury, is developing a plan for the church hall on nearby Roscoe Street.
Currently at the proposal stage, the intention is to host dance classes, a new choir, art workshops, a food bank, children’s parties and more.
A spokesman for St Luke’s said: “From this year, St Luke’s aims to start offering it’s ever popular services and activities into the estates and halls of the local neighbourhoods.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to share the knowledge, skills and partnerships we have developed and help spread that valuable sense of community spirit a welcoming and vibrant space can create.”
More information about St Luke’s at Roscoe Street can be found here, or by calling 020 7549 8188.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 9 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series