Popular Newington Green pub reopens
- Credit: Archant
A popular Newington Green boozer has re-opened following a turbulent period in its history.
The Alma, on Newington Green Road, is under new management and flung open its doors on Thursday to herald a new era for the pub.
At the end of last year, former landlady Kirsty Valentine was turfed out by the brewery causing anger amongst punters.
But the new owners have kept the same chef in the kitchen, turned the place into “London’s only movie theme pub” and hope to move on from those testing times.
James Noake, manager of the Alma, said: “The opening night was fantastic, really special. There was a great atmosphere and a lovely mix of people, as you always get here.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to being a real hub, a nice place to meet with good service and product behind the bar, friendly staff and great food.”
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 6 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 Landlord of Tollington Arms - popular with Arsenal fans - faces eviction