Popular Newington Green pub reopens
- Credit: Archant
A popular Newington Green boozer has re-opened following a turbulent period in its history.
The Alma, on Newington Green Road, is under new management and flung open its doors on Thursday to herald a new era for the pub.
At the end of last year, former landlady Kirsty Valentine was turfed out by the brewery causing anger amongst punters.
But the new owners have kept the same chef in the kitchen, turned the place into “London’s only movie theme pub” and hope to move on from those testing times.
James Noake, manager of the Alma, said: “The opening night was fantastic, really special. There was a great atmosphere and a lovely mix of people, as you always get here.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to being a real hub, a nice place to meet with good service and product behind the bar, friendly staff and great food.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital