Popular Newington Green pub reopens
- Credit: Archant
A popular Newington Green boozer has re-opened following a turbulent period in its history.
The Alma, on Newington Green Road, is under new management and flung open its doors on Thursday to herald a new era for the pub.
At the end of last year, former landlady Kirsty Valentine was turfed out by the brewery causing anger amongst punters.
But the new owners have kept the same chef in the kitchen, turned the place into “London’s only movie theme pub” and hope to move on from those testing times.
James Noake, manager of the Alma, said: “The opening night was fantastic, really special. There was a great atmosphere and a lovely mix of people, as you always get here.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to being a real hub, a nice place to meet with good service and product behind the bar, friendly staff and great food.”
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 5 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket