Popular Newington Green pub reopens
- Credit: Archant
A popular Newington Green boozer has re-opened following a turbulent period in its history.
The Alma, on Newington Green Road, is under new management and flung open its doors on Thursday to herald a new era for the pub.
At the end of last year, former landlady Kirsty Valentine was turfed out by the brewery causing anger amongst punters.
But the new owners have kept the same chef in the kitchen, turned the place into “London’s only movie theme pub” and hope to move on from those testing times.
James Noake, manager of the Alma, said: “The opening night was fantastic, really special. There was a great atmosphere and a lovely mix of people, as you always get here.
“We look forward to being a real hub, a nice place to meet with good service and product behind the bar, friendly staff and great food.”
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 3 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 4 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19