Positives aplenty for Emery after Arsenal cruise past Forest in Carabao Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery was pleased with ‘a lot of positive things’ as the Gunners brushed aside Nottingham Forest in the third round of the Carabao Cup at the Emirates on Tuesday night, thumping the Championship side 5-0.
A brace from Gabriel Martinelli and goals from Rob Holding, Joe Willock and Reiss Nelson secured a convincing win for Arsenal, while the return from injury of Holding, Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney made for a feel-good evening in north London.
Emery took plenty of positives from the game, saying: "The competition is important for us, it's one title and it's one opportunity for different players to take confidence, to take minutes and be helping us like tonight.
"And after, because I think the game was for us in 90 minutes very consistent and some different players gave us their performance.
"Also Rob Holding came back after injury and also after injuries, Kieran Tierney and Hector Bellerin.
You may also want to watch:
"I think this was a good match, a good result, a good game and with a clean sheet there are a lot of positive things.
"We can be positive with different options for the next matches."
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers