Positives aplenty for Emery after Arsenal cruise past Forest in Carabao Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery was pleased with ‘a lot of positive things’ as the Gunners brushed aside Nottingham Forest in the third round of the Carabao Cup at the Emirates on Tuesday night, thumping the Championship side 5-0.
A brace from Gabriel Martinelli and goals from Rob Holding, Joe Willock and Reiss Nelson secured a convincing win for Arsenal, while the return from injury of Holding, Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney made for a feel-good evening in north London.
Emery took plenty of positives from the game, saying: "The competition is important for us, it's one title and it's one opportunity for different players to take confidence, to take minutes and be helping us like tonight.
"And after, because I think the game was for us in 90 minutes very consistent and some different players gave us their performance.
"Also Rob Holding came back after injury and also after injuries, Kieran Tierney and Hector Bellerin.
You may also want to watch:
"I think this was a good match, a good result, a good game and with a clean sheet there are a lot of positive things.
"We can be positive with different options for the next matches."
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting