Post on Sunday as Royal Mail open Islington and Stoke Newington delivery offices seven days a week
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Eagerly awaited parcels will now be available on Sundays as the Royal Mail extends its service to seven days a week.
Packages and letters will be delivered to homes within the M25 and delivery offices in Almeida Street, Islington, and East Bank, Stoke Newington, will be open from 12noon to 4pm on Sundays – so that those too busy to collect undelivered items during the week can pick up their goods.
The centres are two of 10 across the city which will be open seven days, with Whitechapel also available to customers.
Nick Landon, managing director of Royal Mail Parcels, said: “We are continuing to be more customer responsive and provide more options for people to receive items they have ordered online.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted to pilot Sunday afternoon opening at around 100 of our delivery offices across the UK with the highest parcel volumes, including 10 in London, and Sunday deliveries to addresses within the M25 motorway.”
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 6 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 10 Arteta should drop Willian after another miserable performance