Post on Sunday as Royal Mail open Islington and Stoke Newington delivery offices seven days a week
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Eagerly awaited parcels will now be available on Sundays as the Royal Mail extends its service to seven days a week.
Packages and letters will be delivered to homes within the M25 and delivery offices in Almeida Street, Islington, and East Bank, Stoke Newington, will be open from 12noon to 4pm on Sundays – so that those too busy to collect undelivered items during the week can pick up their goods.
The centres are two of 10 across the city which will be open seven days, with Whitechapel also available to customers.
Nick Landon, managing director of Royal Mail Parcels, said: “We are continuing to be more customer responsive and provide more options for people to receive items they have ordered online.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted to pilot Sunday afternoon opening at around 100 of our delivery offices across the UK with the highest parcel volumes, including 10 in London, and Sunday deliveries to addresses within the M25 motorway.”
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 9 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week