Post on Sunday as Royal Mail open Islington and Stoke Newington delivery offices seven days a week
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Eagerly awaited parcels will now be available on Sundays as the Royal Mail extends its service to seven days a week.
Packages and letters will be delivered to homes within the M25 and delivery offices in Almeida Street, Islington, and East Bank, Stoke Newington, will be open from 12noon to 4pm on Sundays – so that those too busy to collect undelivered items during the week can pick up their goods.
The centres are two of 10 across the city which will be open seven days, with Whitechapel also available to customers.
Nick Landon, managing director of Royal Mail Parcels, said: “We are continuing to be more customer responsive and provide more options for people to receive items they have ordered online.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted to pilot Sunday afternoon opening at around 100 of our delivery offices across the UK with the highest parcel volumes, including 10 in London, and Sunday deliveries to addresses within the M25 motorway.”
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 6 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 9 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?