Post on Sunday as Royal Mail open Islington and Stoke Newington delivery offices seven days a week
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Eagerly awaited parcels will now be available on Sundays as the Royal Mail extends its service to seven days a week.
Packages and letters will be delivered to homes within the M25 and delivery offices in Almeida Street, Islington, and East Bank, Stoke Newington, will be open from 12noon to 4pm on Sundays – so that those too busy to collect undelivered items during the week can pick up their goods.
The centres are two of 10 across the city which will be open seven days, with Whitechapel also available to customers.
Nick Landon, managing director of Royal Mail Parcels, said: “We are continuing to be more customer responsive and provide more options for people to receive items they have ordered online.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted to pilot Sunday afternoon opening at around 100 of our delivery offices across the UK with the highest parcel volumes, including 10 in London, and Sunday deliveries to addresses within the M25 motorway.”
- 1 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 2 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 3 Open spaces, LTNs, vouchers, vaccinations and neonatal care
- 4 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 5 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 7 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 10 Over-65s vaccinations begin in England as centre reports lack of patients