Pro Touch SA offers free Sunday sessions to make sports ‘accessible to all Islington kids’
- Credit: Archant
A sports academy is offering free sessions to Islington children every Sunday morning at Market Road Football Pitches.
Pro Touch SA is providing taster classes to boys and girls, aged 11 to 16 years old, from 9.45am to 11.am March.
Organisers hope the initiative, which has been funded by Islington Council and the Cripplegate Foundation, will improve access to sports clubs for disadvantaged kids.
Ash Rahman, 37, who runs Pro Touch SA, told the Gazette: “We want to offer healthy active lifestyle opportunities to kids from the area.
“So we’ve launched this new Sunday morning project which has everything, from fitness to fencing, so we can give kids a flavour of what we do here.
You may also want to watch:
“From my experience of working with families not everyone is in a position to pay for services, which is why we’re offering free taster sessions.
“Why should fencing or tennis just be for the affluent upper class kids? We want to make it accessible to everyone.”
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Kids are asked to bring casual sports clothes and a bottle of water.
Contact Mus Turay on 07500 421 944 or email@example.com for more information.