Pro Touch SA offers free Sunday sessions to make sports ‘accessible to all Islington kids’
- Credit: Archant
A sports academy is offering free sessions to Islington children every Sunday morning at Market Road Football Pitches.
Pro Touch SA is providing taster classes to boys and girls, aged 11 to 16 years old, from 9.45am to 11.am March.
Organisers hope the initiative, which has been funded by Islington Council and the Cripplegate Foundation, will improve access to sports clubs for disadvantaged kids.
Ash Rahman, 37, who runs Pro Touch SA, told the Gazette: “We want to offer healthy active lifestyle opportunities to kids from the area.
“So we’ve launched this new Sunday morning project which has everything, from fitness to fencing, so we can give kids a flavour of what we do here.
You may also want to watch:
“From my experience of working with families not everyone is in a position to pay for services, which is why we’re offering free taster sessions.
“Why should fencing or tennis just be for the affluent upper class kids? We want to make it accessible to everyone.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
Kids are asked to bring casual sports clothes and a bottle of water.
Contact Mus Turay on 07500 421 944 or email@example.com for more information.