Push bike robber snatches security guard’s cash box at Crouch Hill station
- Credit: Archant
A security guard had his cash box stolen by a robber on a push bike at a train station.
The guard had gone to Crouch Hill station, in Crouch Hill, to change the tills and was walking along the platform at about 1.15pm on June 14 when a man on a bike rode past him and snatched the box he was carrying, containing a small amount of cash.
Police were on the scene quickly and searched the area, but couldn’t find anything – now they have released CCTV footage from the station of the man they want to talk to.
Det Sgt Tony Gittins, from British Transport Police (BTP), said: “The guard was left shaken following the incident, but uninjured. We are keen to speak to anyone who was at the station at the time and witnessed the incident, or who saw anything suspicious in the area at the time.
“If you have any information, no matter how small you may think it is, I’d urge you to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting incident number B8/LNA of 19/06/2013, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 9 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 10 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'