Push bike robber snatches security guard’s cash box at Crouch Hill station
- Credit: Archant
A security guard had his cash box stolen by a robber on a push bike at a train station.
The guard had gone to Crouch Hill station, in Crouch Hill, to change the tills and was walking along the platform at about 1.15pm on June 14 when a man on a bike rode past him and snatched the box he was carrying, containing a small amount of cash.
Police were on the scene quickly and searched the area, but couldn’t find anything – now they have released CCTV footage from the station of the man they want to talk to.
Det Sgt Tony Gittins, from British Transport Police (BTP), said: “The guard was left shaken following the incident, but uninjured. We are keen to speak to anyone who was at the station at the time and witnessed the incident, or who saw anything suspicious in the area at the time.
“If you have any information, no matter how small you may think it is, I’d urge you to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting incident number B8/LNA of 19/06/2013, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington