Push bike robber snatches security guard’s cash box at Crouch Hill station
- Credit: Archant
A security guard had his cash box stolen by a robber on a push bike at a train station.
The guard had gone to Crouch Hill station, in Crouch Hill, to change the tills and was walking along the platform at about 1.15pm on June 14 when a man on a bike rode past him and snatched the box he was carrying, containing a small amount of cash.
Police were on the scene quickly and searched the area, but couldn’t find anything – now they have released CCTV footage from the station of the man they want to talk to.
Det Sgt Tony Gittins, from British Transport Police (BTP), said: “The guard was left shaken following the incident, but uninjured. We are keen to speak to anyone who was at the station at the time and witnessed the incident, or who saw anything suspicious in the area at the time.
“If you have any information, no matter how small you may think it is, I’d urge you to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call BTP on 0800 40 50 40 quoting incident number B8/LNA of 19/06/2013, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 8 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green