‘Put out your cigarettes’ – fire chiefs’ warning after Holloway flat blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are urging people to make sure they put out their cigarettes properly after a flat fire in Holloway.
Crews were called to Cornwallis Square just before 6.55am yesterday after a blaze damaged a room in a first floor property.
Fire investigators believe it was caused by a cigarette.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: "If you smoke it is vitally important you stub it right out, preferably in an ashtray.
"Always ensure your cigarette is completely out when you've finished smoking it. If you don't, you risk causing a fire as you don't know what it may land on which could potentially start a fire."
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control in an hour. Crews from Holloway, Kentish Town, Islington and Hornsey attended.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020