Highbury allotment group to host first ‘seed swap’ event
- Credit: Archant
A Highbury allotment group is inviting Islington’s growers to a “seed swap” event next week.
The Quill Street Allotment Association will host the event, which will take place in the Summer House in Olden Community Garden a week on Sunday.
Anyone with an allotment in Islington is invited, and Annie has also been in touch with local voluntary projects, community garden groups, councillors and the Islington Ecology Team.
Islington’s mayor, Cllr Dave Poyser, is also set to attend.
“The event will hopefully help to connect growers socially as well as on a horticultural level,” said association chair Annie Monaghan.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of us have too many seeds so it makes sense to have an opportunity to swap.
“We might end up trying new things and it gives us the chance to speak to other growers about our seeds and theirs.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 9 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
The event, which Annie hopes to make an annual occurrence, runs from 3pm to 5pm at the gardens in Whistler Street.