Quinn set for Arsenal exit, as Flores moves on
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal defender Louise Quinn is set to leave the club at the end of her contract.
The Republic of Ireland defender joined the Gunners in 2017 from Notts County and helped them win the Women’s Super League title in 2019 and the Continental Cup in 2018.
Quinn made 76 appearances and scored seven goals for the club, including the winner in the 2018 FA Cup Semi-final against Everton.
During the WSL title-winning season Quinn played 19 of the 20 league games and had the second best pass accuracy from any outfield player who had played 90 minutes.
However, due to the signing of Jennifer Beattie she found game time hard to come by in 2019/20 playing just six games and starting just three of those.
You may also want to watch:
Quinn initially signed a three-month deal with Arsenal when Notts County folded but impressed to secure a longer-term contract and became a big hit with the supporters.
A statement on Arsenal.com read “Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Louise for her contribution to the team’s success, and for her exceptional professionalism and commitment to the club.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
“Everyone at Arsenal wishes Louise the very best for the future”.
The destination of Quinn’s next club is not yet known.
Promising Mexican midfielder Silvana Flores has announced she is leaving Arsenal Women.
The 18-year-old has been tipped to be a big star in women’s football in the future but announced on her Instagram account that her time with the north London club is over.
Flores was named in the Emirates Cup squad for the friendly against Bayern Munich and made her first team debut, coming on for Beattie, for the final eight minutes of the game.
She also played in a second friendly against Barcelona, getting six minutes after coming on for Kim Little.
Sister Tatiana is in the Arsenal academy, as is her brother Marcelo, and Flores said: “I am so grateful I got the opportunity to learn from these world class players.
“I can’t express how much it means to have been part of such a special club. Sadly I am saying goodbye as I will be continuing my journey elsewhere.
“I will always have a place in my heart for Arsenal, and I am thankful for all the opportunities it has brought me.
“I wish the best to all Gunners, it was a pleasure to play with you, I learned so much each and every day.”
Flores was called up to the Mexico senior side in December aged just 17 to play a double header with Brazil as part of a training camp.
However, her new destination looks set to be Chelsea as her representatives avid_se tweeted; “Looking forward to your next chapter at Chelsea, congratulations Silvana.
“We are very happy and looking forward to seeing what the future holds in your next destination.”
Flores follows fellow youngster Ruby Grant who will also leave this summer for a scholarship at the University of North Carolina.