Ramsey: Arsenal must stay focused, find consistency
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Aaron Ramsey says Arsenal need to remain focused and find some consistency after their stunning Europa League win over AC Milan.
The Welsh international scored the second goal in a 2-0 success at the San Siro, after Henrik Mkhitaryan had opened his Arsenal account in their last-16 first-leg tie.
And 27-year-old Ramsey admitted it felt good to end their four-game losing run in such impressive style.
He told arsenal.com: “A lot of people are always going too talk, it’s their job to talk and it’s just important for us to keep focused and try to improve and try to work hard through the week.
“We know what we’re capable of doing, we just have to try and produce that more consistently. It’s just nice that we’ve managed to turn a little corner and get a good result.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been on a bad run and sometimes, as hard as you try on the pitch, it doesn’t seem to work.
“But we’ve trained hard, we’ve tried to do the right things and we know what we’re capable of doing in the dressing room. We showed that.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
Arsenal came under some early pressure from an AC Milan team unbeaten in their last 13 matches under new boss Gennar Gattuso.
But having not conceded a goal for six matches, they saw Mkhitaryan fire home in the 15th minute with the aid of a deflection, before Ramsey ran on to a superb Mesut Ozil through ball and waltzed around keeper Gianluigi Donnarumma to slot into an empty net in first-half stoppage time.
That took Ramsey’s tally to seven goals this season and 54 in total for Arsenal in 319 appearances since his £5million move from Cardiff City in 2008.
He added: “We played very well in the first half. We created many opportunities and we moved the ball well, got a couple of goals.
“We showed that we’ve got plenty of characters in this team. It’s never easy to come to the San Siro and play AC Milan, I know that from previous experience.
“Second half we wanted to protect it a bit more and we kept a clean sheet, which is always important. I’m really pleased we came here and got the win. All in all, it was a good night’s work.”