Ramsey: Arsenal must stay focused, find consistency
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Aaron Ramsey says Arsenal need to remain focused and find some consistency after their stunning Europa League win over AC Milan.
The Welsh international scored the second goal in a 2-0 success at the San Siro, after Henrik Mkhitaryan had opened his Arsenal account in their last-16 first-leg tie.
And 27-year-old Ramsey admitted it felt good to end their four-game losing run in such impressive style.
He told arsenal.com: “A lot of people are always going too talk, it’s their job to talk and it’s just important for us to keep focused and try to improve and try to work hard through the week.
“We know what we’re capable of doing, we just have to try and produce that more consistently. It’s just nice that we’ve managed to turn a little corner and get a good result.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been on a bad run and sometimes, as hard as you try on the pitch, it doesn’t seem to work.
“But we’ve trained hard, we’ve tried to do the right things and we know what we’re capable of doing in the dressing room. We showed that.”
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Overground suspended in Hackney and Islington
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Even better than the real thing? Tribute bands to see in north London before 2022
- 8 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 9 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 10 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
Arsenal came under some early pressure from an AC Milan team unbeaten in their last 13 matches under new boss Gennar Gattuso.
But having not conceded a goal for six matches, they saw Mkhitaryan fire home in the 15th minute with the aid of a deflection, before Ramsey ran on to a superb Mesut Ozil through ball and waltzed around keeper Gianluigi Donnarumma to slot into an empty net in first-half stoppage time.
That took Ramsey’s tally to seven goals this season and 54 in total for Arsenal in 319 appearances since his £5million move from Cardiff City in 2008.
He added: “We played very well in the first half. We created many opportunities and we moved the ball well, got a couple of goals.
“We showed that we’ve got plenty of characters in this team. It’s never easy to come to the San Siro and play AC Milan, I know that from previous experience.
“Second half we wanted to protect it a bit more and we kept a clean sheet, which is always important. I’m really pleased we came here and got the win. All in all, it was a good night’s work.”