Rappers take part in a war of words at Islington youth centre
Young lyricists took part in a rap battle.
About 70 young people watched as three rappers Jazzmine Pryce (Frizz), Hermon Yemane (H-man) and Josh Arc� battled it out in heats at Toffee Park Youth Project in Ironmonger Row, Finsbury.
There was also a freestyle open mic for youngsters to show off their talents.
Senior youth worker at Toffee Park, Vikki Ball, said: “Thanks to the young people of Toffee Park and their hard work and dedication throughout the entire process, the rap battle was a resounding success for the project and all the young people involved.
“Their target of �100 was met through door donations and this will contribute to their ultimate goal of funding a young women’s weekend at an outdoor activity centre. Congratulations to the winners and the organisers, and we are all looking forward to the next fundraising event.”
The event was organised by Ellie Diniz, 16, who attends the project.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 3 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 4 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 10 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend