Special reindeer visitors for Thornhill Primary pupils
- Credit: André Langlois
Not only Santa, but also two reindeer visited Thornhill Primary School on Tuesday.
With Islington schools looking like they would be closing early for Christmas due to the pandemic, the Thornhill Foundation pulled off a last-minute Christmas miracle to get the special guests in early.
Headteacher Jenny Lewis said: "The foundation give a lot to our school and this is another [example] of the tremendous generosity that they provide for the children of Thornhill.
"So I want to say thank you to the foundation and the foundation want to show their appreciation for all the children and the staff. This morning has just been fantastic."
The reindeer came from the "North Pole via Essex", via the company Pony At My Party.
You may also want to watch:
Emily Bohill, from Thornhill Foundation, said: "Covid could not kill Christmas. We are determined to make the Christmas spirit live in this school and in the community. It's so important that the kids have a bit of spirit and cheer in a year that has been very difficult.
"We wanted to bring a smile to everybody's face."
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing