Reindeers drop into Islington’s N1 Centre
Rudolph didn’t make an appearance but two of Santa’s trusty reindeer paid a visit to the N1 shopping centre at the Angel.
A large crowd of children, and adults, eagerly waited to see the animals. Father Christmas made an entrance at noon.
Adults were in for a treat too. For a small donation to The Children’s Society, which aims to help vulnerable young people, they could bring presents along for a professional gift-wrap service.
Five-year-old Trinity Nelson said: “The reindeer look beautiful. I really like them. Father Christmas also gave me a chocolate lolly.”
Alexandra Hutson, nine, said: “I saw reindeer in Lapland a couple of years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“Those ones really smelled but these ones don’t.”
The event was part of a month-long series of festive activities in the centre, including hair styling, samples from shops and card making.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington