Reindeers drop into Islington’s N1 Centre
Rudolph didn’t make an appearance but two of Santa’s trusty reindeer paid a visit to the N1 shopping centre at the Angel.
A large crowd of children, and adults, eagerly waited to see the animals. Father Christmas made an entrance at noon.
Adults were in for a treat too. For a small donation to The Children’s Society, which aims to help vulnerable young people, they could bring presents along for a professional gift-wrap service.
Five-year-old Trinity Nelson said: “The reindeer look beautiful. I really like them. Father Christmas also gave me a chocolate lolly.”
Alexandra Hutson, nine, said: “I saw reindeer in Lapland a couple of years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“Those ones really smelled but these ones don’t.”
The event was part of a month-long series of festive activities in the centre, including hair styling, samples from shops and card making.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque
- 9 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking