Residents in Stonebridge, Harlesden and Kensal Green invited to discussion on welfare reforms
- Credit: Archant
Harlesden Brent Connects Forum will also be speaking about how money has been spent in the area
Residents are being invited to an event which include a discussion on the impact the welfare reforms will have on some of the poorest parts of he borough.
Harlesden Brent Connects Forum will be holding a ‘Question Time’ style discussion about the benefit cuts which will hit Brent residents the most in London, according to a study by Sheffield Hallam University.
The forum will also discuss measures being used to tackle anti social behaviour with members of the Neighbourhood Crime and Nuisance Team plus an update on money spent during 2012/13 and a chance to establish priorities for 2013/14 for Harlesden, Kensal Green and Stonebridge.
The Stonebridge ward is one the most deprived in the country.
You may also want to watch:
Questions will be taken from the floor on the night, but those who are unable to attend the meeting on April 24 can take part via Twitter by following the discussion at @Brent Council.
The forum, which is being chaired by Kensal Green councillor Bobby Thomas, will take place at All Souls Church in Station Road, Harlesden, at 7pm.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 4 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 5 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Whittington NHS bosses announce maternity transformation plans
- 8 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'
- 9 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
Details of upcoming forums taking place across the borough can be found at www.brent.gov.uk/consultation.