Restaurant Review: Constolia, N7
Few things are more satisfying than a Turkish meal when you are hungry, and in anticipation of my visit to Constolia I had hardly eaten a thing all day.
A good job too – as the portions here are something to behold.
We decided to go for a sharing vibe and kicked off with cold platter. This was your classic mixed meze – humus, ispanak, taramaslata, kiser – with stuffed vine leaves thrown in.
All tasty, but they really were cold – straight from the fridge.
Next we had the Constolia special kebab, which was huge; lamb and chicken doner and shish, lamb ribs and chicken wings all coated in a delicious marinade before being grilled.
You may also want to watch:
It came with rice and salad, and despite how enjoyable each mouthful was, we gave up about half way through. Luckily, the helpful staff were happy to bag it up for us – bargain.
Constolia is good value – you can eat for under a tenner and have some left to take home.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 10 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans