Restaurant Review: Constolia, N7
Few things are more satisfying than a Turkish meal when you are hungry, and in anticipation of my visit to Constolia I had hardly eaten a thing all day.
A good job too – as the portions here are something to behold.
We decided to go for a sharing vibe and kicked off with cold platter. This was your classic mixed meze – humus, ispanak, taramaslata, kiser – with stuffed vine leaves thrown in.
All tasty, but they really were cold – straight from the fridge.
Next we had the Constolia special kebab, which was huge; lamb and chicken doner and shish, lamb ribs and chicken wings all coated in a delicious marinade before being grilled.
You may also want to watch:
It came with rice and salad, and despite how enjoyable each mouthful was, we gave up about half way through. Luckily, the helpful staff were happy to bag it up for us – bargain.
Constolia is good value – you can eat for under a tenner and have some left to take home.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 8 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'