Restaurant Review: Constolia, N7
Few things are more satisfying than a Turkish meal when you are hungry, and in anticipation of my visit to Constolia I had hardly eaten a thing all day.
A good job too – as the portions here are something to behold.
We decided to go for a sharing vibe and kicked off with cold platter. This was your classic mixed meze – humus, ispanak, taramaslata, kiser – with stuffed vine leaves thrown in.
All tasty, but they really were cold – straight from the fridge.
Next we had the Constolia special kebab, which was huge; lamb and chicken doner and shish, lamb ribs and chicken wings all coated in a delicious marinade before being grilled.
You may also want to watch:
It came with rice and salad, and despite how enjoyable each mouthful was, we gave up about half way through. Luckily, the helpful staff were happy to bag it up for us – bargain.
Constolia is good value – you can eat for under a tenner and have some left to take home.
- 1 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 2 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 3 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 4 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 5 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 6 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 7 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 8 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 9 St George's Day, Partners Islington, LTNs and Local Plan policy
- 10 Sharks and rooftop pavilions: Time for planning laws 'middle way'