Restaurant Review: Delhi, Finchley Road, NW3
The Delhi Restaurant on Finchley Road is a fairly small, unassuming little place. But it has clearly made a sizeable impression on the local population – the place already had customers and steadily filled up during our tea time visit.
The manager Sagar was friendly and welcoming, and happy to recommend things off the menu.
For starters we had a very tasty chicken chaat and an excellent garlic prawn and mushroom dish – both had plenty of good flavours competing for attention.
As our mains came out I had to do a double take – the tandoori mixed grill was a sizzling platter piled high with every kind of meat you can think of. It was impressive and delicious in equal measure and I am assured dry dishes are kinder on the wasteline.
Then my garlic chicken, which was as expected; a robust tangy garlic sauce with succulent pieces of fowl. Finally, worthy of special mention was the yoghurt dip that came with the poppadoms – minty, refreshing and uncommonly good.
You may also want to watch:
Delhi Restaurant is better than your average Indian, and with mains for less than a fiver, it would take a stronger will than mine not to check it out.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park