Restaurant Review: Meter, EC1
Venture up from the underground walkways of Old Street tube station onto City Road, in Shoreditch, and one of the first establishments to greet you is Meter bar and pizzeria.
Launched by DJ James Priestly in March, this trendy new spot takes residence in the City Arts Music Project (CAMP) building, housing a stylish bar and Italian eatery.
The menu offers a comprehensive range of pizzas made with the most supremely light and crispy bases, but be prepared for a feast as each individual pizza measures 0.25m in length.
Pizzas at Meter are best enjoyed with a friend as the chef will fuse two individual pizzas into half a metre of dough, served on a wooden board with the individual toppings spread across each half.
If pizza is not your thing then Meter also offer a small handful of other Italian dishes for meat lovers and vegetarians alike.
But among the choice for dessert there is only one contender and that is the tiramisu, which is quite simply to die for.
As the evening progresses, the DJ takes to the decks and the bar becomes more lively with an intriguing list of cocktails and world beers to choose from.
- 1 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 6 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 7 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 8 London among areas where drought is declared
- 9 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 10 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
Whether it is a thriving atmosphere for food and drink with mates that you desire or an unassuming venue for a first date, look no further than Meter.