Restaurant review: Rattlesnake, N1
Rattlesnake – one of Islington’s newest establishments – is unlikely to jump out to passers-by as the obvious place to sate their hunger.
This, however, would be a pity.
Admittedly, it is not somewhere you are going to go for a three course candlelit dinner, but the Tex-Mex inspired menu is both reasonably priced and tasty.
From taco salads, to Texican pizzas and rib eye steaks served with griddled lime, there is something to tempt everyone.
We went for the Sonoron hot dog (lots of mustard and the genius addition of chilli black beans), the popular Rattlesnake burger, as well as four sides of sweet potato fries, the house side salad, guacamole and coleslaw (all in the name of research, not in the name of greed we promise).
You may also want to watch:
Suffice to say, we made a good go of eating every morsel of it. All of this was washed down with two very good, horribly-drinkable-for-a-Wednesday-night cocktails which the bar-cum-restaurant specialises in.
So, next time you’re passing and feeling peckish, I suggest you give it a try. And even if you are just popping in for a quick post-work cocktail, I would strongly recommend a bowl of those sweet potato fries to accompany it.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head