Restaurant review: Rattlesnake, N1
Rattlesnake – one of Islington’s newest establishments – is unlikely to jump out to passers-by as the obvious place to sate their hunger.
This, however, would be a pity.
Admittedly, it is not somewhere you are going to go for a three course candlelit dinner, but the Tex-Mex inspired menu is both reasonably priced and tasty.
From taco salads, to Texican pizzas and rib eye steaks served with griddled lime, there is something to tempt everyone.
We went for the Sonoron hot dog (lots of mustard and the genius addition of chilli black beans), the popular Rattlesnake burger, as well as four sides of sweet potato fries, the house side salad, guacamole and coleslaw (all in the name of research, not in the name of greed we promise).
You may also want to watch:
Suffice to say, we made a good go of eating every morsel of it. All of this was washed down with two very good, horribly-drinkable-for-a-Wednesday-night cocktails which the bar-cum-restaurant specialises in.
So, next time you’re passing and feeling peckish, I suggest you give it a try. And even if you are just popping in for a quick post-work cocktail, I would strongly recommend a bowl of those sweet potato fries to accompany it.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault