Revealed: How much house prices per square metre have increased in Islington over 10 years
- Credit: Archant
The price of housing in Islington, measured by square metre, almost doubled between 2004 and 2016 according to new government figures.
On average, a single square metre across all houses and flats sold in 2016 cost £9,730, compared with £4,458 in 2004.
That makes it the sixth most expensive area in Britain, with an increase of 90 per cent over 12 years.
The Islington figure for 2016 is lower than neighbouring Camden (£12,671) and the City (£17,371) but higher than Hackney (£8,564) and Haringey (£7,101).
All but one of the 20 most expensive local authority areas are in London, the Office for National Statistics figures show.
You may also want to watch:
Taking flats and houses together, the average size of properties sold in England and Wales in 2016 was 90 square metres.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 3 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 4 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 8 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham