Revealed: How much house prices per square metre have increased in Islington over 10 years
- Credit: Archant
The price of housing in Islington, measured by square metre, almost doubled between 2004 and 2016 according to new government figures.
On average, a single square metre across all houses and flats sold in 2016 cost £9,730, compared with £4,458 in 2004.
That makes it the sixth most expensive area in Britain, with an increase of 90 per cent over 12 years.
The Islington figure for 2016 is lower than neighbouring Camden (£12,671) and the City (£17,371) but higher than Hackney (£8,564) and Haringey (£7,101).
All but one of the 20 most expensive local authority areas are in London, the Office for National Statistics figures show.
You may also want to watch:
Taking flats and houses together, the average size of properties sold in England and Wales in 2016 was 90 square metres.
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild