Revealed: How much house prices per square metre have increased in Islington over 10 years
- Credit: Archant
The price of housing in Islington, measured by square metre, almost doubled between 2004 and 2016 according to new government figures.
On average, a single square metre across all houses and flats sold in 2016 cost £9,730, compared with £4,458 in 2004.
That makes it the sixth most expensive area in Britain, with an increase of 90 per cent over 12 years.
The Islington figure for 2016 is lower than neighbouring Camden (£12,671) and the City (£17,371) but higher than Hackney (£8,564) and Haringey (£7,101).
All but one of the 20 most expensive local authority areas are in London, the Office for National Statistics figures show.
You may also want to watch:
Taking flats and houses together, the average size of properties sold in England and Wales in 2016 was 90 square metres.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting