Revealed: How much the average property sold for in Islington last year
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Islington property sales were £414,000 above the national average in the last year.
New data shows the average Islington property sold for £640,906, compared to the UK average of £226,906.
The figures, released today by the Office of National Statistics, also listed Islington as the seventh most expensive local authority area to buy a home.
And the average homeowner would have seen their property jump in value by about £166,000 in the past five years.
Meanwhile, first-time buyers spent an average £606,529 in Islington, about £158,000 more than it would have been five years ago.
You may also want to watch:
However, property prices grew by just 0.1 per cent in the last year, compared to 1 pc across London.
Between January and December last year, the most recent 12 months for which sales volume data is available, 1,679 homes were sold in Islington. It was 28% fewer than in 2016.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing