Revealed: How much the average property sold for in Islington last year
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Islington property sales were £414,000 above the national average in the last year.
New data shows the average Islington property sold for £640,906, compared to the UK average of £226,906.
The figures, released today by the Office of National Statistics, also listed Islington as the seventh most expensive local authority area to buy a home.
And the average homeowner would have seen their property jump in value by about £166,000 in the past five years.
Meanwhile, first-time buyers spent an average £606,529 in Islington, about £158,000 more than it would have been five years ago.
However, property prices grew by just 0.1 per cent in the last year, compared to 1 pc across London.
Between January and December last year, the most recent 12 months for which sales volume data is available, 1,679 homes were sold in Islington. It was 28% fewer than in 2016.
- 1 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 2 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 5 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 6 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 8 Let's Talk: Campaign launched to tackle Islington inequality
- 9 Shops encouraged to become 'safe havens' to make Islington safer for women
- 10 Hundreds enjoy Jewish festival of lights in Islington