Revealed: How much the average property sold for in Islington last year
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Islington property sales were £414,000 above the national average in the last year.
New data shows the average Islington property sold for £640,906, compared to the UK average of £226,906.
The figures, released today by the Office of National Statistics, also listed Islington as the seventh most expensive local authority area to buy a home.
And the average homeowner would have seen their property jump in value by about £166,000 in the past five years.
Meanwhile, first-time buyers spent an average £606,529 in Islington, about £158,000 more than it would have been five years ago.
You may also want to watch:
However, property prices grew by just 0.1 per cent in the last year, compared to 1 pc across London.
Between January and December last year, the most recent 12 months for which sales volume data is available, 1,679 homes were sold in Islington. It was 28% fewer than in 2016.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 6 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows