Robert Blair School: Cally primary celebrates after Oftsed rates it ‘Good’
- Credit: Archant
A Cally primary school is celebrating its second ‘Good’ Ofsted grade on the bounce.
Robert Blair School, in Brewery Road, has been given the second highest rating by the government's education watchdog following an inspection on May 9.
The reports, published on Monday, praises the school as "highly inclusive" with a "broad and balanced curriculum", and a learning environment where students "make strong progress".
Headteacher Michelle Bahn said: "I am so proud of the way our school has demonstrated to Ofsted that we are firmly on the road to achieving excellence in teaching and learning, underpinned by a great school ethos, a committed staff team and a very supportive governing body.
"Following the inspection we will be working even harder to further improve teaching and learning so that all of our pupils can achieve to their maximum potential."
You may also want to watch:
Ofsted rates schools as Excellent, Good, Requires Improvement or Inadequate
Robert Blair was graded "Requires Improvement" in 2013.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Residents' 'frustration' as Royal Mail works to deliver in lockdown
- 3 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
- 4 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 5 Islington writers among the winners of 2021 awards
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Islington charity choir smashes fundraising target with help from Brian Eno
- 8 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 9 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 10 Arsenal column: Granit Xhaka the stand out performer since Boxing Day but some of his senior professionals continue to disappoint