Barnsbury restaurant offers free meals for homeless people throughout December
- Credit: Archant
A Roman Way restaurant will dish up free meals to homeless people every Monday of December.
Chefs at family-run La Taberna Ristorante Italiano will be preparing meals including for homeless people, including those with dietary requirements.
The business's owner, who asked to remain anonymous, said she wants to help people in the run up to Christmas.
She told the Gazette: "I think this is the most sad part of the year if you don't have family, if you don't have anything. People can be really sad in December.
"We are a family run business and I think we are lucky enough and it's good to help others.
You may also want to watch:
"I want to do more to help in the future, but at least for one day a week they can have someone look after them."
She said her offer is open to all homeless people in the borough - and urged Gazette readers to spread the word.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 5 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
You can find La Taberna at 1 Roman Way, N7 8XG. Call 020 7607 3519.