Barnsbury restaurant offers free meals for homeless people throughout December
- Credit: Archant
A Roman Way restaurant will dish up free meals to homeless people every Monday of December.
Chefs at family-run La Taberna Ristorante Italiano will be preparing meals including for homeless people, including those with dietary requirements.
The business's owner, who asked to remain anonymous, said she wants to help people in the run up to Christmas.
She told the Gazette: "I think this is the most sad part of the year if you don't have family, if you don't have anything. People can be really sad in December.
"We are a family run business and I think we are lucky enough and it's good to help others.
You may also want to watch:
"I want to do more to help in the future, but at least for one day a week they can have someone look after them."
She said her offer is open to all homeless people in the borough - and urged Gazette readers to spread the word.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
You can find La Taberna at 1 Roman Way, N7 8XG. Call 020 7607 3519.