Rosemary Gardens ‘fun day’ brings the community together
- Credit: Archant
The community enjoyed the sunshine and free activities at a fun day in Rosemary Gardens on Saturday.
Islington Council organised the event, in Southgate Road, to bring park users together with cops, community groups and businesses from the area.
Park-goes enjoyed a host of activities, including a climbing wall, archery sessions, a bouncy castle and table tennis games.
Last year a group of park users from Islington and Hackney decided to make the area safer, so they founded the Friends of Rosemary Garden.
Ann Bradford, a co-founder of the Friends of Rosemary Gardens, said “It is such a great, thriving space with so much to do for everyone and we want to make sure it stays that way.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no place for anti-social behaviour. The Fun Day was a great opportunity for residents and park users across Islington to demonstrate this is a fun park for all.”
Ann Bradford, founder of the Friends of Rosemary Gardens, said: “Rosemary Gardens is such a great, thriving space with so much to do for everyone.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'