‘Disgusting mountain of rubbish’ dumped outside Clerkenwell Travelodge
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours have expressed their “disgust” at piles of rubbish which they say are regularly appearing outside a Travelodge in Clerkenwell.
The waste is being dumped by the side entrance to the Travelodge Royal Scott Hotel, in 100 Kings Cross Road.
This faces into Great Percy Street, which is residential, and neighbours claim it looks and “horrible” and is attracting vermin to the area.
Jim Anderson, of Great Percy Street, said “This disgusting mountain of rubbish occurs quite regularly, remaining and growing for several days.
“It will be cleared eventually but looks horrible and attracts vermin and scavengers.”
You may also want to watch:
A Travelodge spokesperson said: “We would like to sincerely apologise to our customers and local residents about the inconvenience caused by the £1 million refurbishment work currently being undertaken at our London Kings Cross Royal Scot Travelodge hotel.
“Unfortunately we had experienced an issue with the on-site waste compactor which has now been resolved and the area has been cleaned up.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
The rubbish has since been cleaned up.