Rush hour car crash in Finsbury Park
RUSH hour drivers experienced delays as a car crash blocked a major road in Finsbury Park this morning (Tuesday, January 11).
The crash between a black Honda Civic and a white Mini Cooper happened at the junction of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road at 7am.
The cars collided nose to nose and suffered damage in the accident near to Manor House station, but no one was injured.
A police spokeswoman said: “It was a damage-only car accident, but the fire brigade was called because oil was spilled in the road and they put some sand down.”
The cars blocked the busy junction for two and a half hours before the road was reopened at 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers were able to pass the damaged cars but experienced delays due to the road blockage.
- 1 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 2 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 10 Finsbury Park to get its own Pokémon-GO style story