Rush hour car crash in Finsbury Park
RUSH hour drivers experienced delays as a car crash blocked a major road in Finsbury Park this morning (Tuesday, January 11).
The crash between a black Honda Civic and a white Mini Cooper happened at the junction of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road at 7am.
The cars collided nose to nose and suffered damage in the accident near to Manor House station, but no one was injured.
A police spokeswoman said: “It was a damage-only car accident, but the fire brigade was called because oil was spilled in the road and they put some sand down.”
The cars blocked the busy junction for two and a half hours before the road was reopened at 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers were able to pass the damaged cars but experienced delays due to the road blockage.
- 1 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 2 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 3 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 4 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 9 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'