Rush hour car crash in Finsbury Park
RUSH hour drivers experienced delays as a car crash blocked a major road in Finsbury Park this morning (Tuesday, January 11).
The crash between a black Honda Civic and a white Mini Cooper happened at the junction of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road at 7am.
The cars collided nose to nose and suffered damage in the accident near to Manor House station, but no one was injured.
A police spokeswoman said: “It was a damage-only car accident, but the fire brigade was called because oil was spilled in the road and they put some sand down.”
The cars blocked the busy junction for two and a half hours before the road was reopened at 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers were able to pass the damaged cars but experienced delays due to the road blockage.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 3 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 4 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?