Bukayo Saka lost for words after marking first England call-up with Arsenal goal
- Credit: PA
Bukayo Saka admits he has been unable to put his week into words after he followed up his senior England call-up with the opening goal in Arsenal’s win over Sheffield United.
The 19-year-old headed in his first-ever goal at the Emirates Stadium as Arsenal secured a hard-fought 2-1 win against the Blades, Nicolas Pepe adding the second before David McGoldrick reduced the arrears with a fine strike.
Saka was also named in Gareth Southgate’s 30-man England squad after impressing over recent months in Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal side.
“Words can’t really describe how proud I am, how happy I am and how excited I am to go (on international duty),” he told arsenal.com.
“It’s been a really special week with the call-up, going through to the next round of the Carabao Cup and now getting the win again and scoring the goal.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m so happy with this week and I’m just hoping that I can continue to have weeks like this going forward.
“I don’t score too many headers! I’m really happy with this one and it’s such an important goal as well, I’m happy.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade