Save the world with fashion at Islington event
- Credit: Archant
An event designed to save the planet through the magic of fashion takes place tomorrow.
From 6.30pm Fara, in Pentonville Road, Islington will be hosting Breath New Life into Your Clothes - a creative workshop designed to help reduce fabric waste.
Organisers say making an item of clothing last nine months longer reduces the carbon, water and waste impact of wardrobes by a massive 20 per cent.
On the day, experts will be on hand the help people upcycle their clothes to increase their longevity.
The team will demonstrate how to creatively repair, embellish and generally glamorise your unloved clothes.
You may also want to watch:
Breath New Life into Your Clothes, from 6.30 to 8.30pm tomorrow at Fara, Pentonville Road, Islington.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'