Save the world with fashion at Islington event
- Credit: Archant
An event designed to save the planet through the magic of fashion takes place tomorrow.
From 6.30pm Fara, in Pentonville Road, Islington will be hosting Breath New Life into Your Clothes - a creative workshop designed to help reduce fabric waste.
Organisers say making an item of clothing last nine months longer reduces the carbon, water and waste impact of wardrobes by a massive 20 per cent.
On the day, experts will be on hand the help people upcycle their clothes to increase their longevity.
The team will demonstrate how to creatively repair, embellish and generally glamorise your unloved clothes.
You may also want to watch:
Breath New Life into Your Clothes, from 6.30 to 8.30pm tomorrow at Fara, Pentonville Road, Islington.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020