Schnaderbeck signs new Arsenal contract
- Credit: PA
Viktoria Schnaderbeck has signed a new contract with Arsenal Women.
The Austrian international joined from Bayern Munich in June 2018 and helped the Gunners win the Women’s Super League title in her debut season.
Schnaderbeck started 17 games in all competitions this past season, as Arsenal kept 12 clean sheets, including 10 in the WSL and five cup games.
And confirmation of her new deal is a boost for the Gunners defence ahead of their Champions League quarter-final in August, as Louise Quinn and Katrine Veje have left with Emma Mitchell set to follow.
“I’m really delighted to have Viki stay with us,” manager Joe Montemurro told arsenal.com.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s a really experienced professional who is always willing to work for the team and go that extra mile to help someone out, so she really personifies what we’re trying to achieve. We’re ecstatic to retain her at Arsenal.”
Schnaderbeck added: “I’m truly very happy to finally make it official. It just feels so right to stay with this club with the philosophy, with the staff and players, and it’s both the big picture and the small details that feel right to me.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
“I still think there is so much more to come from me and now I just can’t wait to be back (at London Colney) and start training, not alone, but with my teammates again!”