A Level Results 2018: Almost a clean sweep for students at Central Foundation Boys School
- Credit: Siorna Ashby
Central Foundation Boys’ School has got almost perfect A-level results, with 99 per cent of students passing their exams. 44pc got A* or A.
This success was also maintained across the school’s vocational subjects. 100pc of grades were at Merit or above, equivalent to a C or above at A-level with 90pc of all grades at Distinction or Distinction*, equivalent to an A or A* at A-level.
The results are a slight drop on last year for the school in Cowper Street, where 100pc of students passed.
These results have secured these students exceptional university destinations, employment or apprenticeship opportunities. Some of their courses and destinations include business management at Surrey University and information management at University College. Other students are taking up apprenticeship opportunities, such as at Jaguar Cars.
The school is boys-only until the sixth form, where they admit girls.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jamie Brownhill said, “We are delighted with the students’ exam outcomes and the university and apprenticeship placements they have secured. These are the result of the hard work of the students and the support they have received from a hugely skilled and committed group of teachers.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations