Screams of joy as Highbury Fields girls hit the high grades
- Credit: Archant
Screams of delight echoed round the corridors of Highbury Fields schools as the girls scored a 100 per cent pass rate.
All students at the Highbury Hill school passed, while 81 per cent achieved all A* to C grades.
Dulan Citfi, 18, who achieved three As and two B’s at AS level, said: “I’m really ready for year 13 now. I worked really hard but I didn’t expect these kind of grades.
“I can’t wait to phone my mum and scream down the phone.
Sevilay Korkmaz, 18, who scooped five Bs at AS level, said: “I am very, very happy.
You may also want to watch:
“My family are very pleased for me.
“One more year of hard work and then hopefully I’ll be off to university.”
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 7 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 8 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
Safia Ahmadzia, 17, managed an A, B and C at AS level.
She said: “I am quite surprised by my grades, It was pretty unexpected, especially in English which I didn’t think I would do very well at.
“I found it really hard but I wasn’t miles away from an A.
“I did well at Sociology, and I thought I would do that at university, but I have a law placement so maybe I will do a law degree instead.”
Gladys Berry, head teacher at the Highbury school, said: “I am very proud of the pass rate - it’s 100 per cent for the third or fourth year running.
“We’re all very pleased about all the university courses the girls will be embarking on.
“They’ve worked really hard and it’s nice to see them making their way in the world.”