Search for vulnerable Whittington Hospital patient
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help searching for an elderly man who is missing from the Whittington Hospital.
Shirley Smith, 79, was last seen yesterday leaving the hospital, in Magdala Avenue, Archway, at around 8pm.
He was taken to the hospital on Friday, 22 July after he was found wandering the streets.
Mr Smith is described as a black man, 5ft, 8ins tall and has grey hair.
He was last seen wearing a black shirt and black trousers.
Police are concerned for Mr Smith’s welfare as he suffers from dementia, diabetes and schizophrenia.
They says he does not have any medication with him.
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 8 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
Mr Smith is known to frequent the Lewisham, Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea areas.
Anyone with any information as to Shirley Smith’s whereabouts is asked to contact police via 101.