Search for vulnerable Whittington Hospital patient
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help searching for an elderly man who is missing from the Whittington Hospital.
Shirley Smith, 79, was last seen yesterday leaving the hospital, in Magdala Avenue, Archway, at around 8pm.
He was taken to the hospital on Friday, 22 July after he was found wandering the streets.
Mr Smith is described as a black man, 5ft, 8ins tall and has grey hair.
He was last seen wearing a black shirt and black trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Police are concerned for Mr Smith’s welfare as he suffers from dementia, diabetes and schizophrenia.
They says he does not have any medication with him.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Mr Smith is known to frequent the Lewisham, Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea areas.
Anyone with any information as to Shirley Smith’s whereabouts is asked to contact police via 101.