Second Piebury Corner shop to open in Caledonian Road
- Credit: Archant
Any Gooner will understand what Paul Campbell means when he says Piebury Corner has “completely outgrown” its current site.
Visiting the popular pie deli, in Holloway Road, is a matchday ritual for hundreds of Arsenal fans. Only problem is, it has a capacity of 30.
But owners Paul and his wife, Nicky, have exciting news for the people of “Pi’slington”: they are opening another shop in the King’s Cross end of Caledonian Road in April.
The capacity will double, and Paul said: “We originally went for a larger site in Holloway Road but the landlord was messing us about for nine months. Then this one in King’s Cross came up and it was a no-brainer.
“There’s a lot of history around there, but it’s an area going through massive change in terms of development. Importantly for us, it has high footfall so we will be targeting everyone from tourists to football fans to office workers.”
You may also want to watch:
The new shop will have the same “pies, beers and tunes” outlook, but the Arsenal theme (steak and ale pie named after Tony Adams, venison and red wine after Thierry Henry) will be toned down with the site in a less overtly Gunners location.
But Paul and Nicky, who founded Piebury Corner in 2011 as a matchday stall in their Highbury front garden, added they are still looking to upgrade the Holloway site: “We still have our eyes on a larger shop closer to the ground, but that probably won’t be until next year.”
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London