Serious and silly at King’s Cross sports day
- Credit: Archant
The spirit of the Rio Olympics comes to Granary Square in King’s Cross on Saturday.
From a 9m climbing wall to kayaking on nearby Regent’s Canal, organisers of the free annual event have promised laughs and entertainment for all ages and abilities.
The day will open with an Olympic torch celebration, which will kick off the “silly games” including egg and spoon, three-legged and sack races.
Meanwhile, yoga and Tai Chi classes will offer a calming oasis for those looking for a more relaxed vibe.
There will also be free giveaways, pop-up clothes sales, medals awarded to competition winners, and a range of foot stalls.
It runs from 10am to 6pm. For more information, visit kingscross.co.uk/event/kings-cross-sports-day
- 1 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 6 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 9 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 10 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL