Serious and silly at King’s Cross sports day
- Credit: Archant
The spirit of the Rio Olympics comes to Granary Square in King’s Cross on Saturday.
From a 9m climbing wall to kayaking on nearby Regent’s Canal, organisers of the free annual event have promised laughs and entertainment for all ages and abilities.
The day will open with an Olympic torch celebration, which will kick off the “silly games” including egg and spoon, three-legged and sack races.
Meanwhile, yoga and Tai Chi classes will offer a calming oasis for those looking for a more relaxed vibe.
There will also be free giveaways, pop-up clothes sales, medals awarded to competition winners, and a range of foot stalls.
You may also want to watch:
It runs from 10am to 6pm. For more information, visit kingscross.co.uk/event/kings-cross-sports-day
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'