Serious and silly at King’s Cross sports day
- Credit: Archant
The spirit of the Rio Olympics comes to Granary Square in King’s Cross on Saturday.
From a 9m climbing wall to kayaking on nearby Regent’s Canal, organisers of the free annual event have promised laughs and entertainment for all ages and abilities.
The day will open with an Olympic torch celebration, which will kick off the “silly games” including egg and spoon, three-legged and sack races.
Meanwhile, yoga and Tai Chi classes will offer a calming oasis for those looking for a more relaxed vibe.
There will also be free giveaways, pop-up clothes sales, medals awarded to competition winners, and a range of foot stalls.
You may also want to watch:
It runs from 10am to 6pm. For more information, visit kingscross.co.uk/event/kings-cross-sports-day
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'