Seven escape Finsbury Park flat fire, two more later accounted for
Residents were forced to escape from a raging flat fire in Finsbury Park last night.
Seven people fled from the blaze which tore through a three bedroom apartment in Blackstock Road at around 11.30pm.
Four fire engines with around 20 firefighters rushed to the scene had the flames under control about 45mins later.
The occupants had got out before the emergency services arrived - two further people were initially thought to be missing but were later accounted for.
Around a quarter of the flat, which is above a shop, was damaged by the flames.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey