Seven escape Finsbury Park flat fire, two more later accounted for
Residents were forced to escape from a raging flat fire in Finsbury Park last night.
Seven people fled from the blaze which tore through a three bedroom apartment in Blackstock Road at around 11.30pm.
Four fire engines with around 20 firefighters rushed to the scene had the flames under control about 45mins later.
The occupants had got out before the emergency services arrived - two further people were initially thought to be missing but were later accounted for.
Around a quarter of the flat, which is above a shop, was damaged by the flames.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head