She’s my dream girl... but she plays rugby!
I’ve just started uni here, and have met the girl of my dreams.
She’s a medic, like me, and truly the most gorgeous girl I’ve ever seen in my life – slim and beautiful. Not that I’ve seen or talked to all that many! I went to an all-boys’ school, live in a rural community.
Her background is similar to my own, and her family comes from the same Indian/Ugandan culture as mine. It’s like meeting a soulmate.
However, one thing is worrying me. She’s now signed up to play rugby for the university. She says she plays on the wing as she’s a very fast athlete. That’s good. I play cricket and understand. But I must say that my flatmates and my parents may not understand that her desire to play rugby, a male game, is fine by me.
I think it’s possible that I’ll face certain problems from my parents and my flatmates if I reveal that she’s in the rugby team. I just want our relationship to progress without problems. I couldn’t bear it if my friends and family made this a problem.
You may also want to watch:
l Barbara says: They can’t make it a problem unless you allow it to be. Basically what you’re saying is that her sport has several sexuality connotations? Forget it. You’re 18. Life teaches us, right here, right now, that it doesn’t matter what other people think. It matters what you think. You are now an adult. Be who you think you are, accept what you believe she is, not what conformist others try to tell you.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years