Shock as new bar announces it will open in Upper Street
- Credit: Archant
You won’t be able to believe this, but Upper Street is getting a new... bar.
Redcomb Pubs is opening “Alphabet” on the former site of Brazilian resturant Cabana, which has shut.
The company is doing a £600,000 refurb of the site, which has 100 covers inside and 50 covers on the roof terrace. The new joint is expected to open in August.
A Redcomb press release raves: “With a laid-back atmosphere and upbeat service, Alphabet Islington will offer a menu that centres on sharing and creativity, serving innovative cocktails with flair and internationally inspired dishes that aim to bring people together.”
Mark Draper, executive director of Redcomb, said he is excited to “take up residence in one of London’s most bustling neighbourhoods”.
You may also want to watch:
Alphabet was originally in Soho, and Redcomb boasted it “was the first of a new generation of urban bars, gaining iconic status amongst the bustling media and creative crowds”.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency