Shock as new bar announces it will open in Upper Street
- Credit: Archant
You won’t be able to believe this, but Upper Street is getting a new... bar.
Redcomb Pubs is opening “Alphabet” on the former site of Brazilian resturant Cabana, which has shut.
The company is doing a £600,000 refurb of the site, which has 100 covers inside and 50 covers on the roof terrace. The new joint is expected to open in August.
A Redcomb press release raves: “With a laid-back atmosphere and upbeat service, Alphabet Islington will offer a menu that centres on sharing and creativity, serving innovative cocktails with flair and internationally inspired dishes that aim to bring people together.”
Mark Draper, executive director of Redcomb, said he is excited to “take up residence in one of London’s most bustling neighbourhoods”.
You may also want to watch:
Alphabet was originally in Soho, and Redcomb boasted it “was the first of a new generation of urban bars, gaining iconic status amongst the bustling media and creative crowds”.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets