Shocking footage shows man kicking and punching dog in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a man was filmed punching – and at one point kicking – a dog outside a Holloway supermarket on Monday.
The charity was called after passers by spotted the man with the dog outside the Co-op in Benwell Road at about midday. Witnesses saw the man hitting the dog on the back, then stamp on the dog’s tail and twist his ear.
The dog is described as a brown medium sized bull terrier type. The man was wearing a bright blue t-shirt, navy jeans and had short dark hair.
RSPCA inspector Clare Dew said: “This behaviour is completely unacceptable, the dog is clearly frightened of the man who is attempting to get him to sit while he waits outside the shop.
“I’m keen to speak with the man as soon as possible and check on the welfare this dog and make sure he is alright.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can leave Insp Dew a message via the RSPCA inspector’s appeal line. Call 0300 123 8018.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting