Shocking footage shows man kicking and punching dog in Holloway
- Credit: Archant
The RSPCA is appealing for information after a man was filmed punching – and at one point kicking – a dog outside a Holloway supermarket on Monday.
The charity was called after passers by spotted the man with the dog outside the Co-op in Benwell Road at about midday. Witnesses saw the man hitting the dog on the back, then stamp on the dog’s tail and twist his ear.
The dog is described as a brown medium sized bull terrier type. The man was wearing a bright blue t-shirt, navy jeans and had short dark hair.
RSPCA inspector Clare Dew said: “This behaviour is completely unacceptable, the dog is clearly frightened of the man who is attempting to get him to sit while he waits outside the shop.
“I’m keen to speak with the man as soon as possible and check on the welfare this dog and make sure he is alright.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can leave Insp Dew a message via the RSPCA inspector’s appeal line. Call 0300 123 8018.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes