Northern Line: Services to finish at 9.30pm tonight as travel woes continue between Camden Town and central London
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Passengers using the Northern Line face further chaos this evening as services in Zone One and Two will finish at 9.30pm.
The Ham&High understands that this evening there will be no service between Camden Town and Kennington on the Bank branch, with severe delays on the rest of the line.
Transport for London has also confirmed that services in Zone 1 and 2 will finish at 9.30pm, so workers can begin work to fix a signalling issue at Kennington.
It has also told travellers to check before travelling tomorrow morning.
Commuters into central London this morning found the same problem, with the issue worsening at lunchtime. London Underground trains stopped running between Camden Town and Morden on both the Bank and Charing Cross lines.
You may also want to watch:
According to Transport for London (TfL) this has been caused by signalling problems at Kennington.
Last night passengers faced trouble between Camden Town and East Finchley because of a signal failure at Archway, and a person falling ill while on a train at Tufnell Park.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 5 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
TfL's director of customer service, Brian Woodhead said: "I am extremely sorry for the disruption Northern line customers have been experiencing this week. This has been caused by an issue with the signalling system which our engineers are working hard to fix. To enable this work to continue, services on the Northern line within Zone 1&2 will finish early this evening. We advise customers to complete all Northern line journeys by 21.30 today and check for the latest travel advice before travelling tomorrow morning."."