Northern Line: Services to finish at 9.30pm tonight as travel woes continue between Camden Town and central London
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Passengers using the Northern Line face further chaos this evening as services in Zone One and Two will finish at 9.30pm.
The Ham&High understands that this evening there will be no service between Camden Town and Kennington on the Bank branch, with severe delays on the rest of the line.
Transport for London has also confirmed that services in Zone 1 and 2 will finish at 9.30pm, so workers can begin work to fix a signalling issue at Kennington.
It has also told travellers to check before travelling tomorrow morning.
Commuters into central London this morning found the same problem, with the issue worsening at lunchtime. London Underground trains stopped running between Camden Town and Morden on both the Bank and Charing Cross lines.
According to Transport for London (TfL) this has been caused by signalling problems at Kennington.
Last night passengers faced trouble between Camden Town and East Finchley because of a signal failure at Archway, and a person falling ill while on a train at Tufnell Park.
- 1 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 2 'Save Islington's buses': Call for action as sweeping cuts loom
- 3 Arsenal begin pre-season in strong position
- 4 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 9 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
TfL's director of customer service, Brian Woodhead said: "I am extremely sorry for the disruption Northern line customers have been experiencing this week. This has been caused by an issue with the signalling system which our engineers are working hard to fix. To enable this work to continue, services on the Northern line within Zone 1&2 will finish early this evening. We advise customers to complete all Northern line journeys by 21.30 today and check for the latest travel advice before travelling tomorrow morning."."