Northern Line: Services to finish at 9.30pm tonight as travel woes continue between Camden Town and central London
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Passengers using the Northern Line face further chaos this evening as services in Zone One and Two will finish at 9.30pm.
The Ham&High understands that this evening there will be no service between Camden Town and Kennington on the Bank branch, with severe delays on the rest of the line.
Transport for London has also confirmed that services in Zone 1 and 2 will finish at 9.30pm, so workers can begin work to fix a signalling issue at Kennington.
It has also told travellers to check before travelling tomorrow morning.
Commuters into central London this morning found the same problem, with the issue worsening at lunchtime. London Underground trains stopped running between Camden Town and Morden on both the Bank and Charing Cross lines.
You may also want to watch:
According to Transport for London (TfL) this has been caused by signalling problems at Kennington.
Last night passengers faced trouble between Camden Town and East Finchley because of a signal failure at Archway, and a person falling ill while on a train at Tufnell Park.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
TfL's director of customer service, Brian Woodhead said: "I am extremely sorry for the disruption Northern line customers have been experiencing this week. This has been caused by an issue with the signalling system which our engineers are working hard to fix. To enable this work to continue, services on the Northern line within Zone 1&2 will finish early this evening. We advise customers to complete all Northern line journeys by 21.30 today and check for the latest travel advice before travelling tomorrow morning."."