Six people treated after Bemerton Estate flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Six people had to be treated by medics after a flat fire broke out in the Bemerton Estate off Caledonian Road.
Four fire engines and 20 firefighters were called to Earlsferry Way just after 10.30am on Sunday morning.
Half a ground floor and first floor split level maisonette was damaged by fire, London Fire Brigade said.
Three people evacuated the property before the firefighters arrived. They were treated on scene by London Ambulance Service for smoke inhalation.
The medics also treated two adults and a child from a neighbouring property on the scene, again for smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was under control within 40 minutes. The cause was accidental.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head