Six people treated after Bemerton Estate flat fire
- Credit: Archant
Six people had to be treated by medics after a flat fire broke out in the Bemerton Estate off Caledonian Road.
Four fire engines and 20 firefighters were called to Earlsferry Way just after 10.30am on Sunday morning.
Half a ground floor and first floor split level maisonette was damaged by fire, London Fire Brigade said.
Three people evacuated the property before the firefighters arrived. They were treated on scene by London Ambulance Service for smoke inhalation.
The medics also treated two adults and a child from a neighbouring property on the scene, again for smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was under control within 40 minutes. The cause was accidental.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers