Sixth man charged with Aarron McKoy Clerkenwell slaying on New Year’s Day
A sixth man has been charged with murder after Aarron Mckoy was gunned down on New Year’s Day in Clerkenwell.
Daniel Oyetoro, 26, of Charlbury Crescent, in Romford, appeared at Highbury Magistrates Court today (Friday) and has been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on March 20.
The five other men charged with murder following the killing are Osman Mohammed, 22, of Homerton Road, in Hackney, Pierre Dennis, 22 of Thornberry Close, Newington Green, Ceon Hewitt, 21, of High Street, Wickford, Dean Smith, 25, from Lordship Road, Stoke Newington, and Jack Nichols, 20, of High Street, Wickford.
All five are due to appear at the Old Bailey on April 13.
Mr McKoy, from Hackney, was shot dead around 4am on January 1 as he celebrated his 22nd birthday.
You may also want to watch:
He was killed in Portpool Lane and died from a bullet wound to the chest.
Police say he had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall before his death.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
On March 9, a 26-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder and was released on bail to return to an east London police this month.