Sixth man charged with Aarron McKoy Clerkenwell slaying on New Year’s Day
A sixth man has been charged with murder after Aarron Mckoy was gunned down on New Year’s Day in Clerkenwell.
Daniel Oyetoro, 26, of Charlbury Crescent, in Romford, appeared at Highbury Magistrates Court today (Friday) and has been remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on March 20.
The five other men charged with murder following the killing are Osman Mohammed, 22, of Homerton Road, in Hackney, Pierre Dennis, 22 of Thornberry Close, Newington Green, Ceon Hewitt, 21, of High Street, Wickford, Dean Smith, 25, from Lordship Road, Stoke Newington, and Jack Nichols, 20, of High Street, Wickford.
All five are due to appear at the Old Bailey on April 13.
Mr McKoy, from Hackney, was shot dead around 4am on January 1 as he celebrated his 22nd birthday.
You may also want to watch:
He was killed in Portpool Lane and died from a bullet wound to the chest.
Police say he had been at the Clerkenwell House Wine Bar in Hatton Wall before his death.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 4 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 5 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
On March 9, a 26-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder and was released on bail to return to an east London police this month.