Smith Rowe delighted to open Arsenal account
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal youngster Emile Smith Rowe was delighted to open his account for the club in their Europa League win at Qarabag.
The 18-year-old had netted a stunning goal for the first team in a pre-season friendly against Chelsea in Dublin, but claimed his first competitive strike when steering home Alex Iwobi’s pass for the second goal in a 3-0 victory.
And having made his first two starts for Unai Emery’s side, in the Carabao Cup win over Brentford and out in Azerbaijan, the Under-17 World Cup winner told arsenal.com: “It feels good to have got my first goal and the three points as well. It’s just a dream come true really.
“I feel at home in this team. I train with them every day and everyone’s so welcoming. I’m just happy to be here.”
Smith Rowe looked more than comfortable in a midfield alongside fellow teenager Matteo Guendouzi, Iwobi and Mohamed Elneny, before making way for Mesut Ozil midway through the second half.
You may also want to watch:
And he added: “It’s just all about belief. We’re a team that help each other and try to do our best for each other.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head