Smith Rowe delighted to open Arsenal account
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal youngster Emile Smith Rowe was delighted to open his account for the club in their Europa League win at Qarabag.
The 18-year-old had netted a stunning goal for the first team in a pre-season friendly against Chelsea in Dublin, but claimed his first competitive strike when steering home Alex Iwobi’s pass for the second goal in a 3-0 victory.
And having made his first two starts for Unai Emery’s side, in the Carabao Cup win over Brentford and out in Azerbaijan, the Under-17 World Cup winner told arsenal.com: “It feels good to have got my first goal and the three points as well. It’s just a dream come true really.
“I feel at home in this team. I train with them every day and everyone’s so welcoming. I’m just happy to be here.”
Smith Rowe looked more than comfortable in a midfield alongside fellow teenager Matteo Guendouzi, Iwobi and Mohamed Elneny, before making way for Mesut Ozil midway through the second half.
You may also want to watch:
And he added: “It’s just all about belief. We’re a team that help each other and try to do our best for each other.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild