Songbird Lilly hoping to become web sensation
STAR-in-the-making Lilly Tyler has been singing since she was six – and now her talents have propelled her into the finals of a celebrity-backed competition. The 11-year-old has made it through to the last 10 of online contest My Best Friend s Got Talent,
STAR-in-the-making Lilly Tyler has been singing since she was six - and now her talents have propelled her into the finals of a celebrity-backed competition.
The 11-year-old has made it through to the last 10 of online contest My Best Friend's Got Talent, where her singing will be judged by Britain's Got Talent runners-up Twist and Pulse.
The street dance duo, who wowed audiences in last year's Britain's Got Talent show on ITV, will be joined by Bread actor Jonathon Morris and Jongleurs comedy club founder Maria Kempinska in judging the entries.
Lilly, of Sturmer Way, Holloway, is a choral singer who has been performing with choirs since she was six - and currently attends a stage school in Westminster. She reached the finals of the competition after her 10-year-old cousin, Megan Tyler, uploaded a video of her singing on to the internet.
You may also want to watch:
Lilly's mum Joann Tyler, a 37-year-old nanny, said: "Lilly has always entered singing competitions on the internet. She wants to be a singer and she really likes the 16-year-old pop singer Justin Bieber.
"Obviously I would be really proud if she won this competition."
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 4 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 5 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
My Best Friend's Got Talent, backed by soft toy brand My Blue Nose Friends, was launched to celebrate Friendship Day on August 1.