Songbird Lilly hoping to become web sensation
STAR-in-the-making Lilly Tyler has been singing since she was six – and now her talents have propelled her into the finals of a celebrity-backed competition. The 11-year-old has made it through to the last 10 of online contest My Best Friend s Got Talent,
STAR-in-the-making Lilly Tyler has been singing since she was six - and now her talents have propelled her into the finals of a celebrity-backed competition.
The 11-year-old has made it through to the last 10 of online contest My Best Friend's Got Talent, where her singing will be judged by Britain's Got Talent runners-up Twist and Pulse.
The street dance duo, who wowed audiences in last year's Britain's Got Talent show on ITV, will be joined by Bread actor Jonathon Morris and Jongleurs comedy club founder Maria Kempinska in judging the entries.
Lilly, of Sturmer Way, Holloway, is a choral singer who has been performing with choirs since she was six - and currently attends a stage school in Westminster. She reached the finals of the competition after her 10-year-old cousin, Megan Tyler, uploaded a video of her singing on to the internet.
Lilly's mum Joann Tyler, a 37-year-old nanny, said: "Lilly has always entered singing competitions on the internet. She wants to be a singer and she really likes the 16-year-old pop singer Justin Bieber.
"Obviously I would be really proud if she won this competition."
- 1 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 5 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 6 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 7 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
- 8 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 9 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
My Best Friend's Got Talent, backed by soft toy brand My Blue Nose Friends, was launched to celebrate Friendship Day on August 1.