Songbird Lilly hoping to become web sensation
STAR-in-the-making Lilly Tyler has been singing since she was six – and now her talents have propelled her into the finals of a celebrity-backed competition. The 11-year-old has made it through to the last 10 of online contest My Best Friend s Got Talent,
STAR-in-the-making Lilly Tyler has been singing since she was six - and now her talents have propelled her into the finals of a celebrity-backed competition.
The 11-year-old has made it through to the last 10 of online contest My Best Friend's Got Talent, where her singing will be judged by Britain's Got Talent runners-up Twist and Pulse.
The street dance duo, who wowed audiences in last year's Britain's Got Talent show on ITV, will be joined by Bread actor Jonathon Morris and Jongleurs comedy club founder Maria Kempinska in judging the entries.
Lilly, of Sturmer Way, Holloway, is a choral singer who has been performing with choirs since she was six - and currently attends a stage school in Westminster. She reached the finals of the competition after her 10-year-old cousin, Megan Tyler, uploaded a video of her singing on to the internet.
You may also want to watch:
Lilly's mum Joann Tyler, a 37-year-old nanny, said: "Lilly has always entered singing competitions on the internet. She wants to be a singer and she really likes the 16-year-old pop singer Justin Bieber.
"Obviously I would be really proud if she won this competition."
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
My Best Friend's Got Talent, backed by soft toy brand My Blue Nose Friends, was launched to celebrate Friendship Day on August 1.