Woman’s life in the balance after ‘domestic incident’ in Southgate Road sees duo in their 70s rushed to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman in their 70s have both been taken to hospital after what police are describing as a “domestic incident” in Southgate Road.
The woman – who was unresponsive – is in a life-threatening condition, while police said the man had suffered non-lethal stab wounds.
Scotland Yard said police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 8.24pm on Wednesday night.
A spokeperson said: “There have been no arrests.
“At this very early stage, the matter is being treated as a domestic incident with no other persons believed involved. Extensive inquiries into the circumstances continue.”
You may also want to watch:
Initially the emergency services at the scene thought the woman had also been stabbed, but it has been confirmed that is not the case.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus