Woman’s life in the balance after ‘domestic incident’ in Southgate Road sees duo in their 70s rushed to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman in their 70s have both been taken to hospital after what police are describing as a “domestic incident” in Southgate Road.
The woman – who was unresponsive – is in a life-threatening condition, while police said the man had suffered non-lethal stab wounds.
Scotland Yard said police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 8.24pm on Wednesday night.
A spokeperson said: “There have been no arrests.
“At this very early stage, the matter is being treated as a domestic incident with no other persons believed involved. Extensive inquiries into the circumstances continue.”
You may also want to watch:
Initially the emergency services at the scene thought the woman had also been stabbed, but it has been confirmed that is not the case.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close