Squarey McSquareface? Council to launch competition to name new square in Archway
- Credit: Archant
Archway dwellers could soon be taking a stroll through Junction Square, Archway Plaza – or possibly Squarey McSquareface.
The council is set to launch a competition to name the newly-created square on the old gyratory at the top of Holloway Road.
And some interesting suggestions have been doing the rounds on social media.
Archway Island and Archway Piazza were also suggested, before Junction ward councillor Kaya Comer-Schwartz confirmed the competition would take place in the near future.
Her colleague, Hillrise councillor Dave Poyser, may be the only one who fancies “Squarey McSquareface” though.
You may also want to watch:
The full details of the competition have not been announced yet, but we’ll have more when they are.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets