Squarey McSquareface? Council to launch competition to name new square in Archway
- Credit: Archant
Archway dwellers could soon be taking a stroll through Junction Square, Archway Plaza – or possibly Squarey McSquareface.
The council is set to launch a competition to name the newly-created square on the old gyratory at the top of Holloway Road.
And some interesting suggestions have been doing the rounds on social media.
Archway Island and Archway Piazza were also suggested, before Junction ward councillor Kaya Comer-Schwartz confirmed the competition would take place in the near future.
Her colleague, Hillrise councillor Dave Poyser, may be the only one who fancies “Squarey McSquareface” though.
You may also want to watch:
The full details of the competition have not been announced yet, but we’ll have more when they are.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault