St Luke’s Community Centre: ‘Fantastic initiative’ encourages dads to cook, garden and play with kids
- Credit: Archant
“A fantastic initiative” is encouraging dads and grandads to cook, garden and play with their kids at a Finsbury Community Centre once a month.
St Luke’s Community Centre in Central Street is running Sunday sessions from 10am to 1pm on November 4, December 2, January 6 and March 3.
The activities will take place at the Edible Yard and Cookery School, at the back of the centre, and are open to children aged four and over, provided they’re accompanied by a dad or a grandad.
St Luke’s is charging 50p per day, which covers food and the cost of all sessions.
Michael Ryan, chief exec of St Luke’s, said: “This is a great initiative to get dads and kids outside in the fresh air just having fun.
You may also want to watch:
“We have fantastic community green spaces and a modern Cookery School here at St Luke’s and we want our locals of all ages to enjoy them together throughout the year.”
Call 020 7549 8184, or email email@example.com to book places
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing