St Luke’s Community Centre: ‘Fantastic initiative’ encourages dads to cook, garden and play with kids
- Credit: Archant
“A fantastic initiative” is encouraging dads and grandads to cook, garden and play with their kids at a Finsbury Community Centre once a month.
St Luke’s Community Centre in Central Street is running Sunday sessions from 10am to 1pm on November 4, December 2, January 6 and March 3.
The activities will take place at the Edible Yard and Cookery School, at the back of the centre, and are open to children aged four and over, provided they’re accompanied by a dad or a grandad.
St Luke’s is charging 50p per day, which covers food and the cost of all sessions.
Michael Ryan, chief exec of St Luke’s, said: “This is a great initiative to get dads and kids outside in the fresh air just having fun.
You may also want to watch:
“We have fantastic community green spaces and a modern Cookery School here at St Luke’s and we want our locals of all ages to enjoy them together throughout the year.”
Call 020 7549 8184, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book places
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 8 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25