St Luke’s Community Centre offers free activities during July
- Credit: Archant
St Luke’s Community Centre is hosting free classes next month, ranging from zumba to sewing and snooker to Spanish.
The community hub in Central Street is hoping the events will encourage people to come down and sign up as members.,
Other activities on offer include tennis, gardening, yoga, art and gentle exercise.
St Luke's CEO Michael Ryan says: "With the launch of our all ages membership and our longer opening hours, we'd love more members of our community to come along and try something new at St Luke's.
"We've added lots of activities to our list so there's something for everyone, with classes every day of the week."
The centre, a charity, made the news last week after it was revealed the three most senior staff members, including Mr Ryan, had been given a 20 per cent pay rise.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who lives in a designated area in the south of the borough can become a member at St Luke's.
For a full list of activities click here.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020